If you've ever spent time with us girls at Sister Bees, you've probably heard us say, "Between the three of us, we have 12 children!" We love our families, and it's so reassuring to have that "person" in your life to call or talk to when your little one is sick or you're unsure of what to do. We hope we can be that "someone" now, and come alongside you with a few simple all-natural solutions for your baby's delicate skin issues.
Baby eczema is incredibly common for little ones and can be hard for us as parents to know how to treat. Their soft, beautiful skin is so sensitive and they have no way of telling you they need relief.
What is Baby Eczema:
- Baby eczema is actually quite common! The first sign of this condition will usually show up before your child turns two years old. The signs and symptoms of baby eczema can be simple to spot. Here are a few things to look for:
- Scratching & itching
- Scaly & red patches of skin;
- Marks on knees, elbows & cheeks
What Causes It:
- Being too hot;
- Eating foods that they might be allergic to including dairy or nuts;
- Irritating chemicals found in laundry detergent or perfumes;
- After exposure to the sun, animal fur, or viral or bacterial infections.
- Eczema can occur from a variety of causes, so finding just one issue is challenging. We can try to reduce their contact with certain things or adjust certain food choices to see if there's a food allergy, Children with eczema usually come from families that have dealt with it too. You’ll also find that children with other allergies will be more prone to eczema. However, here are some potential causes that could be the root of the issue:
As hard as we try, and as often as we change our little one's diapers, diaper rash on their cute little bum happens!
What Is It?
Diaper rash is a common condition that can make a baby's skin sore, red, scaly, and tender. Most cases will clear up with a few simple changes.
What Causes It:
Usually, diaper rash is the result of irritation, infection, or allergy.
- Irritation. A baby's skin can get irritated when a diaper is left on for too long.
- Infection. Urine changes the skin's pH levels, allowing bacteria and fungi to grow more easily, causing a rash.
- Allergies. Babies with sensitive skin also can develop rashes. Some types of detergent, soaps, diapers (or dyes from diapers), or baby wipes can affect sensitive skin, causing a rash.
What Is It:
Cradle cap can look worse than it actually is, simply put, it's the baby form of dandruff. These rough patches on your baby's head are common and harmless.
This skin condition got its name because the most common place for the scaly patches to show up is where your baby would wear a cap, on the head,
You can usually get rid of it in a few simple steps. Even if you don’t do anything, it should go away on its own with time.
What Causes It:
Doctors don’t know exactly what causes it. However, they believe the red, scaly patch is caused by the baby's oil glands producing more oil than they need.
With all three of these skin issue, or even to maintain soft, smooth baby's skin, we recommend two of our favorite products for babies.
Sister Bees All Natural Solution to all Three Skin Issues:
As parents, one of the last things we want to do is put an adult, harsh chemical on their sweet skin to treat the problem.
1. Bee Baby Moisturizer
Bee Baby is a chemical-free moisturizer for your precious little one's skin. Bee Baby is crafted with beeswax which is antibacterial. This means it inhibits the growth of the bacteria while offering a natural barrier from irritants on your little's bum. Bee Baby also contains vitamin E, lavender, and tea tree, natural ingredients for healthy babies skin.
*As is the case when you introduce any new product to your little one, first test a small amount on their leg or arm to make sure they don't have a reaction. Not recommended for children under 3 months old.
2. Michigan Honey Soap
Sister Bees naturally pure, unscented, and uncolored soap is made with nourishing ingredients to benefit the youngest of skin! It has a lovely, mild aroma of honey. This is our most gentle, soothing bar of soap, with no harsh chemicals or scents. This soap is so gentle and calming on baby's skin that you can safely use it every day. So indulge your sweet little one's skin today!